Thursday, 17 February 2022
Gamification In Education
- What is our goal?
- Serve the educational systems with what we’ve learnt as game developers.
- Applying what’s called “Gamification” in the educational systems.
- What is Gamification?
- Reward systems.
- Extrinsic motivation vs. Intrinsic motivation.
- Self-determination theory.
- The theory of Flow.
- The 4 principles of a game.
- Discussion about: How can games and traditional educational systems aim at the same target with different strategies?
- Grading systems.
- Icon vs individual in competence.
- Agency & sense of Control.
- What are the obstacles that faces the “Gamification of education”?
- History of gamification attempts.
- Engagement Crysis.
- Boundaries between educators & the current gaming scene.
- Outro, Q&A.
Mr. Mahmoud Ahmed AbdelFattah
PG Soft Games
Cultural Representation in Games
- Who am I?
- What is cultural representation?
- How does cultural representation affect:
- External views.
- Case Study: Japan
- Case Study: Arab World
- Intro about FitNot
- How FitNot approach cultural representation
- Case A: Abu Ashraf Food Cart
- Case B: Sobia King
- Case C: Madame Affaf
- Case D: Cairo 2048
Friday, 18 February 2022
Making outline cartoon look for 3D Art
- Introduction to describe how to create an outline and cartoon look for 3D models with the normal unlit shader.
- Starting with the idea behind modeling the object and how to use the object normals to create the targeted look.
- Use Autodesk Maya “or any relevant software”.
Moreover creating the object UV and preparing it for texturing, for texturing we will use Substance painter “or any relevant software”. Finally rendering the object using Marmoset toolbag “or any relevant software”.
Unreal Engine and the Epic ecosystem
- Introduction to unity:
- What can unity do for you?
- Concepts & Workflow
- Live Demo
Saturday, 19 February 2022
How to polish your game
- What does it mean to polish a game?
- What does the player need ? “Feel / Controls / Mechanics”
- Make the Player’s eyes Happy
Game & Level Design Polish.
- Make the Player’s ears Happy
- The Overall Experience and Game Loop.
- The Last Tip Test, Test, Test!
- Global insights about games
- Why games need marketing
- Types of games
- Game players segments
- Importance of games soft launch
- What drives lifetime revenue in modern games
- Players acquisition tactics
- Players engagement and retention
- Games marketing success metrics
- Examples of marketing Case Studies
- History of 3D Game Arts
- 3D Game art workflow
3D Models -Polygons (Low Poly) – Nanite (High poly) – Grooms
Textures – Hand Painted – Generated -Scanned
Lighting – Lighting Techniques – Lighting Technologies (Baked – RT – hypered tech)
- Platform Requirements
Mobile (Android / IOS)
Consoles (Playstation, Xbox)
Portable / Mobile VR
- The Future of the Industry
Ammar Keshta, Ibrahim El-Sayed
Calling all gaming and app developers!
For AGDA 2022, we’re looking for industry specialists to coach junior, intermediate and newly professional developers on various elements of the industry through structured, 1.5 hour workshops over the course of 2-3 days. These workshops should contain instruction and practice elements and can even include some homework.